Invisalign’s® invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners will give you the beautiful straight teeth you’ve always wanted. And best of all, no one can tell you’re wearing them. Invisalign is great for adults and teenagers.
What is Invisalign®?
- Invisalign® is the invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces.
- Invisalign® uses a series of clear, removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets
- Invisalign® has been proven effective in clinical research and in orthodontic practices nationwide.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
- You wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the their final position
- You’ll visit us about once every six weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
Crooked teeth, a misaligned bite (malocclusion), crowding, and excessive spaces or gaps between teeth can make teeth hard to clean and cause issues such as TMJ disorders, headaches and jaw, back and neck pain. Crooked or crowded teeth can also increase your risk for decay, gum disease and even tooth loss. Invisalign can help to correct these problems and lead to improved oral hygiene, a more pleasing appearance and teeth that are more likely to last a lifetime.
Invisalign in Westlake, OH
Barely noticeable and made of clear polyurethane plastic, these clear, removable aligners gradually shift teeth to correct your bite, close gaps and fix overcrowding. Aligners can be taken out for social occasions, photos, eating, and most importantly, brushing and flossing. Unlike traditional braces that use wire and metal brackets, there are no dietary restrictions or uncomfortable rubbing or sore spots.
We use an advanced digital scanning system to create precise 3-D digital images of your teeth and design a personalized treatment plan that progressively moves your teeth from their existing position to optimal alignment. This state-of-the-art digital technology gives you a preview of your new smile and enables you to see exactly how your teeth will move and how long treatment will take.
Using these 3-D digital models, the Invisalign lab fabricates multiple sets of custom-fitted plastic aligners that fit securely over your teeth. You wear these clear aligners 20 to 22 hours per day for two weeks, and then move on to the next set of aligners in the series until your teeth are appropriately aligned. Dr. Jenn will have you come in to check your progress about every six weeks.
Each custom-made clear aligner is designed to apply carefully controlled force to move your teeth until the desired outcome is achieved. Length of treatment varies, but the average adult case takes about 12 months.
Invisalign Teen ® features blue compliance indicator dots so you can make sure aligners are being worn as prescribed, and uses “eruption tabs” that hold space open for molars that have not fully erupted.
The Invisalign system has been used by more than four million people to straighten their teeth and improve their smiles. Dr. Jenn is a certified Invisalign provider, and is happy to answer any questions you may have about orthodontic treatment. Contact us to find out more about all the dental services we offer.
More from Invisalign
Invisalign has a great website that can answer many of your questions, visit them at their WEBSITE.
For more information on Invisalign in the Westlake, OH area call Westlake Family Dental Care at 440-835-0011440-835-0011 today!